Skip to main content

Personal :: Pure Images Photography :: Crystal

The last week or two have been crazy for us and not exactly in a good way. I (Crystal speaking here) was involved in a horrible car accident a little over a week ago that completely shook my world. I have never had any near death experiences of any sort, so this one was a first for me. The minute I realized I had no way of avoiding the situation, I was preparing myself to say goodbye to the world for the last time. All I could think of is that I was thankful my husband and kids weren't with me at that moment. I didn't worry about dying, since those most important to me were safe in places other than in that car with me. They were safe and that was all that mattered. Once I was hit, it took me a minute or two to realize that everything was ok. I looked up at the light and noticed that it was still green and I was at a dead stop. I tried to get out of the car and couldn't really think clearly so I stumbled a little bit and just tried taking deep breaths which was difficult with all the smoke and airbag dust, etc.... so I just kind of waited for my mind to catch up with my body. Once I did, I realized I was going to be ok and that I was alive. It's moments like that, that make you realize how important life is and how valuable it is. There were a lot of things I was worried about throughout the week that seemed so petty looking back. I was lucky to be alive and lucky to be able to walk away from the car. It could have been a lot worse. 

It is so important to show your family and friends how much you care for them... those people that are their for you day in and day out. They are the ones that should be most important in life. I take a lot of things for granted, but my ability to breathe and walk are definitely not being taken advantage of. I sprained my ankle and strained some ligaments and muscles in my foot in addition to getting burn marks and lacerations up and down my arm, chest and shoulder area. I am one lucky person. I don't know what I did to deserve a second chance but whatever I did, I am thankful I did it. 

I think it's kind of cliche to mention what I do throughout this incident I went through, but it is so important to make those memories with your loved ones. And of course having those moments photographed would be ever better! ;) But honestly, whether it be from me or another photographer, please do yourself a favor and make those memories last. You never know when the last time is you will see your family. Even if you are heavy, hate the way you look, your hair color is hideous, etc... whatever the case may be, don't make anymore excuses. The last time my family took family portraits was in April of 2013. It's definitely time for an update. I probably wont ever lose the extra 60lbs I have on my body, so why wait longer? 

Hug your family and be grateful for the blessings you have in your life. I am grateful for the opportunity I have to be a part of making memories last for people. I hope I get to do this for years and years to come. <3 font="" nbsp="">

For now I am just trying to relax, heal and take each day as it comes. Going through something like that makes your whole perspective on life change. 

-Crystal 



The front of my car on the tow-truck



My bumper that was 30 feet from my car. At this moment, it is still at the corner of Van Buren and Barton Rd. The police didn't pick it up or remove it. 



About 10 minutes after the accident.



My arm about 5 days after the accident.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Martin Luther King High School Prom - Riverside California - MLK High

Imagine this... one of the most important days of high school - PROM! Add a super sweet handsome boyfriend, a group of friends, a beautiful dress, hair and makeup... and then RAIN? We made the most of our time together to do photos and the minute the rain let up we were outside with umbrella and all. It was a lot of fun to be with them during the excitement before Prom. I am sure they had an amazing time together! {Riverside Poly High Prom Photography} {Riverside Senior Photography}, Riverside Poly High School, Martin Luther King High School, crystal edivan, pure images photography, 

Krysten's Wedding

Lake Oak Meadows Wedding :: Vitagliano Winery Wedding :: Temecula Wedding Photographer

  Lake Oak Meadows Wedding :: Vitagliano Winery Wedding :: Temecula Wedding Photographer Lake Oak Meadows Wedding :: Vitagliano Winery Wedding :: Temecula Wedding Photographer Lake Oak Meadows Wedding :: Vitagliano Winery Wedding :: Temecula Wedding Photographer Lake Oak Meadows Wedding :: Vitagliano Winery Wedding :: Temecula Wedding Photographer Lake Oak Meadows Wedding :: Vitagliano Winery Wedding :: Temecula Wedding Photographer Lake Oak Meadows Wedding :: Vitagliano Winery Wedding :: Temecula Wedding Photographer Lake Oak Meadows Wedding :: Vitagliano Winery Wedding :: Temecula Wedding Photographer